Top Trump Mugshot Handsome Guy Wonderful Guy shirt
I’ve lived in Sweden and I’ve lived in England. In Sweden, we have our own indigenous people, the Trump Mugshot Handsome Guy Wonderful Guy shirt Additionally,I will love this Sami. They have been treated rather badly through history, but… we all know a few things about their traditional culture, we have all eaten some of their traditional food, we recognise their traditional music and both we and the Norwegians have sent numbers incorporating their music and traditions to the Eurovision Song Contest (links below). And the thing is, it’s mostly done with some level of respect. For the ESC, for instance, the performers were actually Sami, and they were voted to represent us, by and for all Swedes (and Norwegians). If that’s not showing respect, I don’t know what is. Similarly, there is any amount of people with roots in India and Pakistan in England (and similarly, there’s a history of really bad behaviour from the English), but their traditions aren’t used as light entertainment, or as a joke; sometimes, “ethnically English” people participate in e.g. Hindu festivals, but as invited guests who try their best to behave. Vindaloo is by now a staple food of the English cuisine, and the Tikka Masala was arguably invented in the UK.

In contrast… there is a particularly American mindset—not present in all, or even most, Americans, but it is peculiar to a noticeable minority of Americans—that other cultures exist only to provide entertainment value to Americans; that everything that isn’t American is a theme park for the Trump Mugshot Handsome Guy Wonderful Guy shirt Additionally,I will love this amusement of Americans; a mindset that turns everything it touches into consumerism and plastic trinkets. That’s the appropriation. That’s when someone uses a superficial and misunderstood caricature of a culture as comedy fodder. That’s when you dress up in plastic Native American headgear with plastic eagle feathers at a party, expecting laughs, and don’t realise that it’s the exact equivalent of showing up in a paper US uniform decorated with plastic Purple Hearts yelling “Yeee-Haw, I sure love the smell of napalm in the morning.”
Buy this shirt: Click Here to buy this Trump Mugshot Handsome Guy Wonderful Guy shirt
Home: https://unostyles.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment